Helpful Links for You and Your Pets
- Veterinary pet insurance from Trupanion, a Seattle based company.
- This site allows you review insurance policies and costs for most of the major pet insurance carriers.
TRAVELING WITH YOUR PET:
With proper planning, vacations with your pet can be a lot of fun. Here are some links to help you and your pet have a safe and fun trip.
- If you are flying, please call your airline in advance to determine all requirements prior to flight. Bringfido provides basic information, but please call your airline ahead of time.
- American Veterinary Medical Association in-depth list of information about traveling with your pet: https://www.avma.org/public/PetCare/Pages/Traveling-with-Your-Pet-FAQs.aspx
- Are you traveling to Canada? The USDA has a website to help you prepare. Rules and regulations change, visit this site to make sure you have the right paper work.
If your airline requires a health certificate, please note this requires an extended exam with one of our veterinarians. Moreover, international travel is very tricky. While we preform the necessary exams to complete medical paper work, we highly encourage you to work with an experienced travel agency.
PET LOSS & GRIEVING:
- The Rainbow Bridge: Grief support and stories for those who have lost a special friend.
- Information and contact numbers for the Washington State University Pet Loss Hotline.
- Resting Waters: Resting Waters is a heart-based business that provides pet owners an alternative form of disposition of their cherished companion animals after they pass away, through the careful application of alkaline hydrolysis.
- Our resource page also provides information. Our veterinarians are here to help you during this very difficult time.
CAREERS IN VETERINARY MEDICINE:
- Information on veterinary colleges in the United States.
- Information on the College of Veterinary Medicine at Washington State University (Go Cougs!)
- PIMA Medical Institute offers programs for veterinary assistants and licensed veterinary technicians.
- Information on the Veterinary Technician program at Pierce College.